· New Denso
injectors with 12 laser-drilled holes deliver a finely atomized fuel mixture for
optimum combustion efficiency and power.
· Auto enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the
need for a manual choke.
· Two-stage ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox
for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
· Airbox volume increased to 15 litres (compared with the CBR600F4i) for
· Cylinder head features angled valve inset to improve air flow.
· Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and two springs per
exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
· Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and
durability and offers 24,000 kilometre maintenance intervals.
· New lighter pistons, piston pins and nutless connecting rods contribute to
higher revving engine.
· New double-pivot cam-chain tensioner improves cam chain durability.
· Starter gears moved to the right side for increased lean angle.
· New lightweight aluminum oil cooler.
· Centre-up muffler design increases lean angle and reduces wind drag.
· Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission is closely matched to
the engine's powerband.
· Completely new die cast aluminum frame utilizes new manufacturing methods
to provide optimum rigidity while reducing weight. Frame is tuned for
precise handling characteristics.
· Large, 45mm cartridge front fork offers rebound and compression damping
and spring preload adjustability.
· New Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC211V GP
racer. In this system, the upper shock mount is contained within the
swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame-mount for the shock, this
unique system eliminates negative suspension energy from being transmitted
into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out
of corners. The HMAS shock offers rebound and compression damping, and
spring preload adjustability.
· Rear swingarm technology derived from RC211V.
· Braking system features twin four-piston front calipers, dual 310mm front
discs and a single 220mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
· New centre-up exhaust system features four-into-two-into-one design for
increased performance and aerodynamics.
· Handlebars located below top triple-clamp for precise handling.
· Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider
comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
· Centrally mounted 18-litre fuel tank is positioned low in the
frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more
compact design. This design positions the rider 70mm forward for
· New plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
· New Line Beam Headlight features three- piece reflector design
(first in the world) utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light
distribution, and unique compact design.
· New instrumentation is more compact and features tachometer,
speedometer and fuel gauge.
· Attractive hollow-spoke aluminum alloy wheels feature race
spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
· Increased radiator capacity to match increased engine
· New one-piece fan assembly increases cooling efficiency.
· Maintenance-free battery.
· Optional seat cowl.
· Compact rear cowl storage compartment for U-type locking
devices (lock not included) under the passenger seat.
· Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
· Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.