with 7-step adjustable preload, 128mm wheel travel
2X 296mm discs 4 piston calipers
Single 240mm disc 1 piston caliper
Honda 919 (Hornet CB900F)
Ever wonder what Honda's factory race mechanics ride when
they take a break from wrenching? Well, you're looking at it: the 919,
packing the ultimate one-two prize-fighting punch of CBR900RR-derived muscle
squeezed into a rigid, lightweight chassis. And topped off with arguably the
most important feature of all: attitude.
The 919 is performance motorcycling with its sleeves
rolled up, a pared-down, lightweight package ready for any kind of riding
Features & Benefits
- Exciting new Candy Red color.
- Muscular 919cc open-class engine--inspired by the
legendary CBR®900RR--pounds out impressive torque and surprising top-end
- A feathery, 428-pound dry weight makes the 919 the
lightest bike in its class.
- The comfortable, upright seating position is ideal for
commuting, sport riding and long trips.
- Honda's latest programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) and
electronic digital ignition maximize power output and offer immediate
- Stylish, dual center-up exhausts exit below the rear
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone frame and a large
aluminum swingarm combine to provide an ideal balance of rigidity and
flexibility for superb road feel.
- 43mm adjustable cartridge front fork, single-shock rear
suspension and lightweight cast aluminum three-spoke wheels contribute to
- Compact 919cc DOHC liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
engine is tuned for low-end and mid-range power for spirited acceleration.
- One-piece upper crankcase/cylinder assembly, right-side
cam-drive design and a narrow, 32 degree included valve angle help make the
919 engine the lightest, most compact powerplant in its class.
- Sixteen-valve cylinder head with a 10.8:1 compression
ratio promotes efficient combustion and high horsepower production.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system is
compact, ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve
- High-pressure programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI)
delivers fuel at 50 psi to four injectors, each mounted in a 36mm throttle
body. Fuel is delivered through four laser-drilled nozzle holes in each
injector, producing a highly atomized air/fuel charge for maximum combustion
efficiency and power.
- Advanced programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) features a
sophisticated throttle sensor and advanced fuel-injection mapping to produce
smooth and linear throttle response, responding precisely to fine throttle
- 16-bit electronic control unit (ECU) provides two
digital 3-D fuel injection maps for each cylinder and one digital 3-D
ignition map for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark
advance settings for superb rideability.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler and a lightweight aluminum
radiator keep engine temperatures in check for consistent performance and
long engine life.
- Spring-loaded scissors-type gear on the drive side of
the crankshaft and a rubber-mounted, floating clutch-cover help reduce
- Weight-saving features include a compact, lightweight
- Unique four-into-two-into-one-into-two exhaust design
features expanding-diameter tubing leading into the two center-up mufflers,
contributing to strong mid-range torque and an exhilarating exhaust note.
Stainless steel exhaust header and main pipe are attractive and
corrosion-resistant. Polished stainless steel muffler-covers shield
passenger's legs from muffler heat.
- High-capacity, 380-watt AC generator.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with gear ratios
carefully matched to the engine's powerband.
- Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Massive square-tube mono-backbone steel frame utilizes
the engine as a stressed frame member. Together with the reinforced steering
head, the chassis provides an optimal balance of rigidity and tuned flex for
- A single box-section downtube reaches down to a unique
front engine-mount that incorporates a cross-member to link the frame to the
engine's solid front mounts.
- Lightweight aluminum swingarm features a large one-piece
cast pivot block and extruded triple-box-section spars.
- 43mm cartridge front fork with adjustable preload with
compression damping and 4.3 inches of travel offers unparalleled rigidity
for precise action and excellent handling on a variety of road surfaces.
- Lightweight aluminum upper triple-clamp adds rigidity
for even better steering control.
- Single-shock rear suspension features a high-quality
damper with seven-position-adjustable spring preload, 5.0 inches of plush
wheel travel and a remote fluid-reservoir for added suspension control in
all riding conditions.
- Braking system features two huge, 296mm front discs with
four-piston calipers and a 240mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for
exceptional stopping power.
- Aluminum-alloy super-light, hollow three-spoke wheels
with 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- Wide, durable vinyl-covered seat with thick foam padding
provides plush comfort for commuting and two-up day trips.
- A stylish hugger-type rear fender closely follows the
curve of the rear tire.
- Valve, ignition, and clutch covers are black.
- Gold colored front and rear brake calipers.
- Instrumentation includes a clock, digital odometer with
two tripmeters, black face analog speedometer, tachometer, water temperature
with white numerals, indicator lights for neutral, FI (fuel injection), oil
pressure, low fuel and high beam.
- 5-gallon fuel tank is hinged for servicing ease.